A brownie is a chocolate dessert. It is usually served hot and in a square or rectangular shape. It can either be cakey or fudgy, but usually, most people prefer the fudgier version. It is made with a combination of flour, butter or oil, sugar (maybe brown or white), cocoa powder, eggs, and milk. These are combined in a fixed ratio to create one of the most beautiful and tastiest desserts to ever exist.
Brownies are comfort food for a lot of people. They are served hot, accompanied either with ice cream or hot chocolate sauce. They can be eaten plain too and some people even prefer to dunk them in milk before eating this delicacy.
brownies singapore can be made with all three types of chocolates. Usually, dark chocolate or a combination of dark and milk chocolate is preferred by most to get the most chocolaty yet not too sweet of a brownie. Sometimes just milk chocolate is also used but the sugar content is reduced and more cocoa powder is added to balance out the sweetness with the chocolate flavor. Also, brownies can be made with white chocolate. Though, they are very light in color as compared to the milk and dark chocolate brownies. They are almost an ochre shade of brown and hence are commonly known as blondies.
Simplest ways to make brownies
One of the simplest recipes to get some of the fudgiest and most delicious brownies is:
- Beat together eggs and sugar using a stand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In the meanwhile melt together a combination of milk and dark chocolate along with some butter over a double boiler.
- Combine the beaten eggs along with the chocolate mixture.
- Then sift in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and a tiny amount of baking powder. Make sure to not add too much baking powder as this will cause the brownies to be on the cakier side.
- Bake the combined mixture in a preheated oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 20-30mins, until a toothpick inserted comes out just clean.